Job ID: 1048222_RR00024616Area of Talent: Research, NYU School of Medicine, OSR -Therapeutic Alliances (S1836)Position Type: Full-Time/RegularLocation: NYU School of MedicineShift: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Technician.
The mission of the NYU Office of Therapeutics Alliances (OTA) is to identify, translate and advance the research of basic and clinical investigators at NYU Langone Medical Center into novel therapeutics by providing a continuum of resources and support in target validation, hit finding and hit to lead optimization, particularly in small molecule drug discovery and development.
The OTA Research Technician will provide laboratory support for OTA projects that involve research studies conducted at the NYU School of Medicine in the laboratories of Principal Investigators. The OTA Research Technician will be responsible for performing advanced lab duties, under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision, as well as assisting senior and supervisory laboratory personnel in all advanced procedures.
- Assist in laboratory experiments related to 2-3 different OTA projects at a time
- Work closely with NYU Principal Investigators and their laboratory members on internal, OTA-supported projects, help craft and accurately execute work plans and lab protocols.
- Assist the OTA team and advisors with assessment of new candidate projects for tractability and feasibility.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field with 3 years of experience in a biomedical laboratory research setting.
- Expertise with any of the following procedures required, preferable to have a working knowledge of more than one procedure: Cell culture, general cloning, protein biochemistry, animal studies, RNA studies, microscopy.
- Excellent learning skills to quickly learn to successfully perform different laboratory procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with regards to benchwork, data generation and laboratory notebooks, as well as good communication abilities (written and verbal). Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work on collaborative projects.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint.
Preferred Qualifications:Excellent project management skills
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.