The overall responsibilities including managing manufacturing operations in a way which will drive performance and ensure manufacturing operations are running efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as a coach, mentor, and leader to direct reports to achieve team, department, and company goals and objectives.
· Organize and prioritize manufacturing and production activities (work flow, materials, machines, and manpower) in a manner that prevents delays and meet customer demands
· Implements, and ensures compliance with all company controlled documents as it relates to production (SOPs, Guidelines, Process Descriptions, and Forms and Checklists).
· Implement and monitor Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
· Ensures quality and customer specifications of printed products are being met.
· Oversee the training of all production personnel and other affected personnel as it relates to production policies and procedures.
· Consults with the Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities, and Engineering departments to assure adequate tools, fixtures, programs, procedures, and processes are being created and implemented throughout the organization involving production.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher educational degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Printed Services, or other related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar positions in the manufacturing environment.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in team leadership or managing direct reports.
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
· Experience with OSHA and other regulations and rules which effect safety.
· Experience with ERP/MRP systems, SAP Preferred.
· Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents including financial data as it relates to the business.