The successful candidate will be a key member of the Translational Research group assisting on projects across different stages of pre-clinical studies. He/she will proactively engage and work alongside scientists to support and execute experiments in order to drive scientific innovation.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and maintain inventory and stock assigned areas
- Maintain lab medias and buffer stocks
- Maintain lab supply inventory
- Maintain lab equipment
- Plasmid Preps
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments as appropriate for assigned area
- Maintain laboratory safety procedures
- Assist with the delivery, processing and inventory of samples
- Wash and sterilize lab items using dish washer and autoclave
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Gain proficiency in the performance of various ELISA assays
- Ability to learn new techniques, work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology techniques
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Associates degree in molecular biology or the biological sciences with 2 years of lab related experience required. Bachelors degree preferred.
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patient’s Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.